getting up 2

Friday, September 12

From Friday Five:
1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
No, nothing has really changed it's still the same and will always remain that way. I'm not planning on marrying and even if I did I wouldn't change my name unless (and this is a big maybe) they had a really cool last name. I can't imagine what this would be cause I really like mine which has been the name of presidents and freedom fighters. I was very sad when my sister changed hers and it took me years to call her by that name. But now I admit I send stuff just to The Gordons. And its such a generic name. And then she wouldn't even call one of her kids Flash, not even as a second name. I do shorten my first name tho'. But thats cause it's so god damn long. All combined it is a mouthful and the bane of subcontracted telephone staff.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I used to want to change it when I was younger - to Eddie. I've always loved that name, I don't really know why. And Aurora was a favourite for a while too. But I don't know it could be worse, I've gotten used to it over the years.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
Yes I was named after a song. Well I think I was (they may have made that bit up). Sadly not the David Bowie song but some other one which apparently my grandma used to sing me/and make me sing if I couldn't get away in time. I should really ask. I'm sure it wasn't Shakespeare like most other Roslynne's as I don't think my dad was a big fan. My second name is my mum's first name.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
Well obviously Eddie and Aurora. But I also like Noah which was my cats name - for Brisbane folks so named cause I got her during Operation Noah (a anti drugs police action asking for you to dob in others fairly notorious when I was growing up). I also like Fintan, Finlay, Flynn, Rory, Daisy, Tobias, Marmaduke, Rupert, Lachlan and well I guess thats all I can think of right now. I don't like - Knut, Stacey, Muriel, Vera, Luigi, well heaps now that I think on it.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it?

"Your name of Roslynne creates an intense desire for association with people and new experiences, many of which have been rather bitter. This name has given you a gregarious personality and a quick-thinking, creative, and versatile nature, but one that is unstable emotionally. You desire change and travel and would enjoy opportunities that allowed you to be creative and to act independently, rather than to conform to system and routine. However, this name does not allow you to complete your undertakings, as farther fields always look greener. Although you may appear confident and positive, you actually lack confidence and feel self-conscious at times. This name spoils patience and depth of thought, and weakens your stand in matters of principle. You are too open to suggestion, and thus you could become involved in detrimental associations which could lead you into by-paths of thrill-seeking or emotional indulgence."

Yes it sounds pretty right.

ros from URL @ 12:00 pm

about me
I was born in Australia, an aries with aquarius rising in the year of the wood tiger.
get around my site
home
archives
my old blog
even older blog
my favorite blogs

boing boing
plastic bag
london underground
the big smoker
waferbaby
john howard
hotwater
hot buttered death
davezilla
kyle
vegetarian mouse slayer
whats new pussycat
spengy
happy
michael jennings
85 george street
defective yeti
spin starts here
linkblog
house of debauchery and beeyotching
bitchin monaro
dear god damn diary
moog
call centre confidential
green fairy
dublin up
big western benito
creativity machine
wheelie bin
nick
pedro
after grog blog
yobbo
zannah
riot act
evil pundit
the supermercado project
anthony j hicks
gwenworld
Darl
little red boat
land down under
wherever you are
venusberg
the same river twice
mung
mysterioso land

wish list





< « - £ # We are Australian & ? + » >
Powered by RingSurf!

written by ros : powered by blogger and seven ten design