Happy Second Birthday to the Friday Five!
1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
Elvis. He had the whole package, an incredible voice, charisma and good looks.
2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
Phil Collins, just so bland and mediocre.
3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
Well Elvis was meant to be a bit of a hick and from what I've read about his life seems to have had a few hang ups about women. That said he had an enormous presence and seemed a bit of a charmer. And of course he did take loads of drugs. Maybe. But I don't think that he would have been the same person anyhow as we are all shaped by our experiences.
4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
It is so hard to choose just one - so I won't. Nick Cave is just great in concert - I've seen him a few times. Morrissey was pretty damn good. The Stone Roses concert just had loads of energy. And Primal Scream were amazing. Who else. Public Enemy and Rage against the Machine kicked arse. Oh and honorable mention to the Ramones (the first band I paid money to see oh so long ago).
5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music?
I think that it is the way the world is going. Everything costs now. I mean it is ok to make tapes off the radio but not off a computer onto disk. I just don't see the difference.
ros from URL @ 9:44 am